Labels

Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's all the little things

Have you ever told or taught your kids something which they later have used against you, rightfully so?  Hunter and Bella do this to me quite frequently and I love it.  It keeps me in check.  Last night was a tiring night.  I’ve concluded that moving all our belongings out of one home and into another without the help of the underappreciated Air Force movers is not something I want to do again…ever.  Moving Man, my hat goes off to you. The world is a better place with good movers like you.  As I tucked Bella into bed, I was just dead tired when she asked me to say her nightly prayer.  Gratitude and faith are among the top virtues I want to instill in my kids and I am a firm believer that it takes planting a seed and constantly watering it for these attributes to grow.  Tonight Bella was holding me accountable for her prayer when a big part of me wanted to say “no prayer tonight sweetie, just go to bed.” 
Our prayer was not earth shattering.  I don’t think God really cares what you talk to him about, just that you talk to him about something.  What was really on my mind but I have not shared with her is how I will I make sure she and her brothers know that they are my life when I am deployed and they are not part of my daily life…for 6 months.  This thought left me with a lump in my throat as I said “Amen” and I kissed her soft cheek.  I could smell her newly washed hair that for the first time she brushed through all by herself.  YAY!  This is BIG!  This girl has A LOT of hair! Just then Bella said to me, “What’s wrong Mommy? You seem sad.  Am I growing too fast?” All I could say to keep from starting to cry was respond “Yes, Bella you really are.”


This girl is a hoot.  She was so excited to wear these shades she found in the dollar bin at Target.  Cuddled in her arms is Minnie Mouse who she has since her first trip to Disneyland when she was 1 year old.  I can't tell you how many times she has been lost and found!

No comments:

Post a Comment